We are proud to call ourselves AVMS Eagles! We take pride in our exceptional faculty and staff and the services we provide for all of our students. We want you to be aware of the variety of services and experiences we provide as well as our mission and vision.
What We Offer Students
At Altar Valley Middle School, we offer state-of-the-art technology as well as many services that enhance students’ learning experiences here on campus.
We provide a full array of technology in two fully functional computer labs and have student computers in every classroom. Each classroom is also equipped with an interactive electronic whiteboard. Our computer software includes some of the best programs in the industry, including Study Island, Rosetta Stone, Accelerated Reader, Renaissance Learning, Tech Steps, ATI Galileo, Behavior Systems, School Master, Word Smart, and English in a Flash.
There are also many opportunities for students to join an ever-expanding menu of after-school programs with free snacks and transportation available.
Our Mission and Vision
Providing a learning environment that challenges every student to achieve excellence, including the development of those habits of mind that help all people become successful members of society.
The Altar Valley School District, in cooperation with parents and community, expects all students to achieve academic and personal excellence in a challenging, relevant, and supportive learning environment.
- All students can learn and achieve.
- Everyone has unique strengths, talents, and needs.
- All students and staff should be responsible for and dedicated to educational excellence.
- Education requires cooperation, honesty, and respect among the students, parents, staff, school, and community.
- A safe and caring school environment is a high priority.
- Active and honest communication leads to respectful and supportive relationships.