We’re always trying to improve communication between home and school; especially since we know that it’s difficult for middle schoolers to keep their parents informed about what’s happening on campus. We’ll be placing newsworthy information on this page so you don’t have to hound your child for information. It’s a win-win situation!
The Altar Valley School District Governing Board is asking voters to continue the 10% Maintenance and Operations Override. This override was originally approved by voters in 2002 and reapproved in 2008, and 2014.
This is a renewal of the current override, if renewed there is no change to local property taxes. This is not a new tax. The estimated tax rate for the override will be $0.95 per $100 of assessed valuation.
Renewal of the override will help us maintain:
- Free full day kindergarten
- Competitive teacher and staff salaries
- Small class sizes
- Free athletic programs
For a list of frequently asked questions, please see our September district newsletter.
Contribute to Altar Valley School District extracurricular activities. Your contribution will benefit you and our students!
- Receive dollar-for-dollar tax reductions on state tax return.
- You can claim up to $400/married or $200/single.
- Help support our athletics programs and fieldtrips such as our fourth grade Mt. Lemmon trip, sixth grade Disney trip, and eighth grade Washington DC trip.
- Family, friends, community members, and co-workers can help, too!
Thank you for your continued support! Please visit our Tax Credit page to learn more.